Is it time to clean your windows? Do you like to clean them yourself? Are you getting the results you want?
Cleaning the windows at your house can be difficult. Here are five helpful window cleaning tips:
- Tip #1 – Know your surroundings. Many times amateur window cleaners, as well as some of our new employees, will look up and not down to see where their feet are walking. Looking up and not down makes it easy to walk over a sprinkler head or trip over a shrub. Always keep your eyes on your surroundings.
- Tip #2 – Check the shrubbery around your home for branches that may present a problem and for uneven ground. Find a firm, cleared place to set your ladder.
- Tip #3 – Always use a microfiber towel when cleaning windows.
- Tip #4 – Stay away from working in the direct sunlight. Cleaning a window in direct sunlight is about the hardest thing that a window cleaner can do. Even when you are using a squeegee, soap and water, and all the right techniques. (If you are using just a paper towel, which I don’t recommend, get yourself a squeegee.) Clean your windows first thing in the morning or later in the afternoon. Stay away from the side of the house the sun is on. This makes cleaning windows a lot easier. Avoid streaks by cleaning your window before the solution drys and starts to evaporate.
- Tip #5 – Be very careful when doing excessive window work with water while using a ladder. Consider hiring a professional for those areas that are a little bit tougher to clean.
These are a few of the window cleaning tips that can help keep your windows clean and streak-free. When it is time to hire a professional for the tougher jobs, contact us! Coastline Window Cleaning is a Certified Pro with Quality Service Pros!
We’re always happy to assist you!